Our School Vision
St Mary's community believes the smallest voice is the most important. So, our school vision and aims let us be heard:
I am small, but soon I will be big
Give me a safe, caring environment in which to live
My thoughts and feelings are important to me
But how we treat others is our responsibility
I need to be me and learn my own way
Creative, active, exciting learning each day
Christian values 6 all standing
Develop our tolerance and understanding
My teachers expect the best I can be
But in return the best of them I see
I am small but soon I will be big
But I can change the world where I live.
As a school community we have talked a lot about what we believe in for our children:
Our aim is to:
- A safe, caring and stimulating environment.
- A shared responsibility.
- A creative, active and broad curriculum.
- Our school Christian values (hope, friendship, trust, courage, love, forgiveness).
- Respect for all individuals, valuing diversity.
- Quality teaching and learning.
- High expectations for achievement and behaviour.
- Provide all children with an education that is creative, active and balanced in order to promote an understanding and responsibility for the world in which we live.
- Create opportunities for all to flourish in a safe, caring and stimulating environment.
- Promote a strong Christian ethos, where children show tolerance and respect for others.
- Widen children's horizons and develop a thirst for learning in preparation for future life.
- Our school motto is 'Active Children, Active Minds' as our children tell us that they learn best when they are up and active. They love being outside, exploring, being creative, working with their friends in other classes as well as going on trips and taking part in cookery lessons!
We really value parents' opinions so please let us know if you would like to make any comments or add any suggestions.
Mrs N Bray